Urban Farming Workshop
An urban farming complex on Dizengof Center’s rooftop
A joint venture between Dizengof Center as the first shopping mall ever built in Israel, located in the heart of Tel-Aviv, and LivinGreen company as pioneers in the Hydroponic & Aquaponics sector.
This collaboration brings forward the apprehension of urban farming in Israel.
We produce hydroponic leafy greens with no pesticides for individuals & restaurants around us while using sustainable techniques.
In our educational urban farm we demonstrate growing produce with various soil-less methods – Hydroponics & Aquaponics, vertical farming and more. We teach how to implement these methods independently at home, office or school, as well as offer equipment and kits that enable to grow healthy food everywhere and by everyone!
Curious? Wish to grow your own greens on your windowsill? On your porch or even on the rooftop? The workshop is suitable for those who just made their baby steps in urban farming or for those who wish to enhance their knowledge.
- About urban sustainability at Dizengof Center.
- Introduction – urban farming.
- Hydroponics – worldwide models & trends.
- Different types of systems – choosing the right system, advantages & disadvantages of each method.
- Tour in our green house.
- Measuring & monitoring water.
- How to run a hydroponic system – daily, weekly & monthly handling, problems and solutions.
Duration – 90 minutes.
Drop-off passengers: King George and Dizengof corner.
Information for groups: